Tuesday 13 January 2015

Welcome 2015

Happy New Year!

Life has been busy with nothing of consequence around here. Christmas came and went, then the New Year and now it's almost half way through the first month of 2015. Wowzers, how the days fly by.

I didn't make any "new years pledges" but I always feel like the new year brings a sense of a fresh start. My goal for this year is to get my families immune systems strong so that we don't have the constant illnesses that we endured last year. I plan on doing this by tweaking our diet to be less carb reliant and more nutrient dense. The kids are hating me already (their favourite foods are all white, exactly the stuff I'm trying to eliminate)!

I also intend on finishing my extra long maternity leave and return to work. Funnily, I am looking forward to it. Some adult conversation would be nice for a change!

Because I'll be back at work (and earning some money again), I have plans to get the second stage of our house renovation started....the downstairs. This will be a renovation of the existing space and hopefully a small extension too. Of course I'll be sharing as it all progresses.

So that's pretty much the summarised version of my 2015 goals. Oh and to be happy. That's the most important after all.

Speaking of happy, my veggie garden (which makes me happy, LOL) is starting to really get going now. Every day I can go pick something to make a meal out of. It's a wonderful feeling and I'm enjoying the creative process of making up meals based around the seasonal produce.




Today as we speak, I'm sitting here at my kitchen bench making a batch of gooseberry jam (aside from writing this blog, thats good multi tasking eh!) I can tell my pantry is going to be overflowing by the end of this season and what a nice feeling that is.

So happy new year to you all! I hope you're all enjoying it so far as much as I am.

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment