Wednesday 28 January 2015

I've Just Discovered The Gloriousness of Cauliflower Rice

I'm pretty sure everyone had heard about this already but it's a new discovery for me and I'm sure chuffed with it. 

Cauliflower rice is just that, cauliflower chopped up so it looks like rice. A winner for those like me who 1 - are trying to be healthier by reducing less nutritious foods like rice and 2 - those like me who have kids that won't eat their veggies!


I've had complete success with switching the white rice for chopped up "cauliflower rice", the kids have gobbled it up with gutso. I love it too, it makes my insides feel happy.

Basic Recipe:

1 head of cauliflower chopped in the food processor
1 white onion diced
1-2 carrots diced
1 cup peas and corn
2-3 eggs
1/2 capsicum
3 rashers bacon
3-4 tbs tamari or soy sauce

Additional stuff: 1 tsp tumeric, 2cm ginger grated, pea sprouts/mung beans, chicken (if you want)

1 - In a fry pan, cook the eggs then remove them from the pan
2 - Blitz cauliflower in food processor
3 - In same frypan, heat a little butter and fry off bacon and onion
4 - Add all vegetables and cook for approx 4 minutes
5 - Add your sauce and finally stir the egg back in (chopped up a bit)

Super easy and super delicious. Who said healthy eating has to be boring...

No comments:

Post a Comment