Sunday 6 May 2012

Getting Crafty with Cards

In one of my earlier posts I declared that I was going to make all my gifts and cards this year (or at least as much as I can). Here's a few cards that I have done up ready for a birthday or thank you event.


So far it hasn't cost me a thing to make these as I used materials I had already in my craft box.


 I use Typo stamps (typo is a stationary store) to write on my cards but I've also found an old scrabble set and I use the pieces to spell out people's names and add them to the front of the card with some craft glue.


These are old doilies I found at the op shop. I've cut out the individual little pieces and glued them to some of my cards for decoration.

If you like this idea and want to make your own cards, pull out what you can find in your stationary and craft cupboards and see what you can use first before spending any money. You may find you don't need to buy a thing which means that every card you make, you're effectively saving yourself $5.


Stapled to a simple paper bag with my home made gift inside, they look pretty good if I do say so myself!

So save all those paper shopping bags or anything really that you think can be used for cards or packaging and when a birthday comes up, get creative. There are so many benefits to doing this, you're saving money, the recipient feels like you've put a lot more effort into their gift/card and the best thing is, you're often recycling something that would otherwise end up in the rubbish bin.

3 comments:

  1. These are so pretty Alex! You're so clever! I love reading your blog - it makes me miss you and Tassie so much! Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got such a great eye for design, Alex. :) I love the doily trick - I would never have guessed that's where the embellishment came from, looking at the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno about a great "eye for design" but I get great enjoyment out of it. Thanks Shan :)

      Delete